The school bell will ring at 7.20 a.m. and closes by 12.30 p.m. for students of grade 1 & 2 and at 1.30 p.m. for students of grade 3, 4 & 5. All students should be in school by 7.15 a.m. Parents are kindly requested to leave their children at the school and not enter the premises. If any child is regularly late to school, we will be obliged to give her three months notice to find another school closer to her home. The gate will be closed at 7.30 a.m. and no child will be allowed in by the security after that time.
For a very grave reason permission to leave school before the end of the school day will only be granted on receipt of the RECORD BOOK duly entered and signed by the parent or guardian. No child will be allowed to leave the school premises with relatives or domestics unless a letter of authority is given by the parent.
Prior permission should be obtained from the Principal for Children attending elocution or music examination during school hours. (The time of departure and arrival should be entered on “exit chit page” of the record book and signed by parent / guardian)
Parents must make sure that their children leave the school premises before 2.30 p.m. We are not responsible for any child who is on the premises after this time.
- Children must attend school regularly. If for some reason a child is absent from school for a day or two, a parent or guardian should enter excuse of absence in the Student Record book, and the reason for her absence must be clearly stated. If a child is absent for three days or more without prior permission she must submit a medical certificate.
- Parents are requested to as far as possible to get dental or medical appointments after 2.00 p.m. (after school or on holidays).
- Any child going abroad will be given a maximum of one week plus the statutory holiday period. Permission should be obtained from the Principal before travel arrangements are contemplated. A letter of request should be produced to the Principal signed by both parents. A LEAVE FORM is available in the school office, please perfect it and hand it over at the time of obtaining approval, to be placed on record. Any child exceeding this period of leave or who goes on leave without prior permission will not be taken back to school.
- Camps, educational tours are planned from time to time and we expect all the children to participate in these activities. We expect parents to give their daughters permission to do so when they are accompanied by one or more of the teachers.
NO STUDENT CAN TAKE PART IN T.V. COMMERCIAL, TELE-DRAMAS, FASHION SHOWS, ADVERTISEMENTS FOR THE PAPERS MAGAZINES, OR TELEVISION WHILE IN SCHOOL.
SEVERE DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST STUDENTS WHO ARE FOUND TO BE DISHONEST AT EXAMINATIONS, AND THOSE WHO WERE FOUND TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO TAMPER WITH THEIR REPORT BOOKS.
- The primary school uniform consists of a box pleated white dress (4 box pleats with six loops. See pattern under the topic uniform) with monogrammed pocket, white shoes and white socks. (the length of the socks should be at least 6” above the ankle). Under garments worn should be white.
- The school tie should be worn only for school functions and special days e.g. sports meet, prize giving. etc.
- Two piggy tails to be tied for hair below ear level, hair below shoulder level should be platted. The accessories to tie the hair should be black hair bands and a green ribbon over it. No fancy items ar permitted to be worn – (fancy hair clips, bobbles, bangles, etc.)
- The Parent Teacher Meeting is conducted once a term. At least one parent should attend the meeting. After the meeting the class teacher will be available to any parent who wishes to inquire about the child’s progress.
- Due to the prevailing security measures and for the additional safety of your child, loitering on the school premises specially during school hours will be discouraged strongly.
- The class teacher may be met on days and times stipulated from time to time once a month. Parents are kindly requested NOT to go to the classrooms or try to meet the teachers at other times without prior permission from the Principal.
- The REPORT BOOK is a very essential document recording the child’s progress in school. Parents are requested to make sure that the REPORT is duly signed and returned to the class teacher on the first day of each school term.
- The RECORD BOOK is an important document issued to each child. Please make sure that your child brings this book to school EVERY DAY and that the relevant information requested is accurately perfected.
- The original BIRTH CERTIFICATE which is submitted to the office at the time of admission cannot be removed for any reason unless the child is leaving school. Therefore, kindly have a certified copy with you.
- Children will NOT be allowed to go out of school for external examinations etc. during the time of the term tests. If you require an alternate date a letter will be issued, on request, for which prior notice of three days must be given to the office.
- School officers for business – Weekdays at 8.30 a.m. – 1.30 p.m. If you wish to meet the Principal please obtain an appointment from the school office prior to your arrival.
- School leaving certificates will be issued on prior notice of five working days to the school office.
- As a rule students are not permitted to celebrate birthdays in the school premises.
School fees must be paid regularly on a term by term basis at the beginning of each term. Children who are in arrears of fees regularly may be asked to seek admission to a non fee-levying school. Receipts must be collected at the time of payment. All fees must be paid to the general FEES OFFICE located on the premises.
Due to Security reasons, parcels, ie. Handwork, needlework, Tiffin, Lunch boxes/ packets etc. will NOT be accepted by the Security personnel or staff members to be given to your child after school commences at 7.30 a.m. Please make sure your daughter has everything she needs before she comes to school.